Monday 31 January 2011

Fabulously Fuss Free Quick and Easy Fruitcake

Fruitcake is one of those things I never generally cook. Not because I don't like it (I do, very much), but it's all that chopping peel and soaking fruit business that puts me off ~ I never seem to have the time.

However a couple of weeks ago whilst on my weekly meander round the supermarket I saw they were selling off jars of mincemeat (of the mince pie kind) for pennies ~ must have been trying to get rid of left over stock from Christmas.

A little bit of a light bulb moment later and it occured to me that here was the answer, a jar of ready chopped, pureed and spiced fruit - perfect for a fruitcake.

A couple of kitchen experiements later produced a wonderfully moist light (in colour) fruit cake, rich in flavour and dead easy to make. 

If you want to make it yourself here's a link to the quick and easy fruitcake recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment